SWS Board Member
- SWS Class of 2016
- Camano resident since 2012
(moved from Mountain View CA)
- Enjoyed the Camano Intertidal Monitoring
- Originated from the Northeastern Pennsylvania Coal Country not far from Wilkes Barre and had a job since I was 12 years old, including being a candy maker.
- Earned a Ph.D. in Biological Sciences from Columbia University in the City of New York in 1977.
- Prepared for my life’s work as a researcher by completing 2 Postdoctoral fellowships.
- Moved to Seattle in 1984 to do Biotechnology research at Immunex Corp.
- Moved to Mountain California in 1992 to continue working in Stem Cell Biology.
- In addition to Research I also developed and ran the Health Safety and Radiation Safety Programs, which gave me experience working with State and Federal regulators for licensing.
- Served as the Facilities Manager at Stemcells Inc in Palo Alto CA.
- Author or co-author of 40 peer reviewed articles in Scientific Journals.
- Retired as the Senior Research Fellow at Stemcells Inc. in 2011.
- Getting ready to celebrate with my wife, Lilija, our 50th Wedding anniversary in 2018.
- Love Classical and Polka music.
- Enjoy playing the organ.
- Love gardening, but have to admit it’s getting harder lately to stand after kneeling in the dirt.
- Like to read mystery novels.
- Love to learn about and observe the biodiversity on the beaches of Camano Island with
Reason I want to serve
- Want to be more involved with Citizen Science and the great people at SWS.