- BW Class of 2017
- Whidbey resident since 1986
- Beach Watcher spouse since 2003
- Classroom co-facilitator for 2018 SWS training
- Beach monitoring re-calibration team
- several SWS committees (Science, IBOT, ITT, Communications)
- Grew up in SE in, on, and around the water.
- Came to Seattle for UW Oceanography program and found home.
- Academic studies in Physical Oceanography, Geology (geomorphology), and Geography (computer cartography).
- Professional career in computing systems with emphasis in data analysis, system architecture, and process maturity.
- Founding members of Maxwelton Creek Cohousing, involving dozens of years of group process, land search and purchase, and Planned Residential Development — all by consensus process.
Skills re Board
- Experienced in group social processes in general, and consensus in particular
- Practiced in deep listening and bridging communication between contrary perspectives
- Enjoy meeting facilitation and ensuring group process success
- Exploring and researching our coastal beach
- Fiber arts, especially spinning and weaving
- Celtic folk music
Reason I want to serve
- SWS is dedicated to a cause about which I care deeply.
- I want to help SWS make member training more accessible and provide more continuing education for our membership.
- I also want to help SWS become more self-aware and active in the larger ecology of Salish Sea environmental organizations.