Crabber outreach – a one-time event
- What: Provide free materials about best practices for crabbing, crab gauges, and rot cord to recreational crabbers.
- Why: 12,000 crab pots are lost each year in Puget Sound. These derelict pots trap and kill approximately 180,000 crabs.
- When: Opening day: TBD, likely around July 4
- Time commitment: 2-4 hours
- Where: Captain Coupe’s Boat Launch in Coupeville (additional locations may be added based on volunteer capacity)
- Training/skills required: We will provide training. Volunteers should enjoy interacting with the public.
Contact: Anna Toledo