Office of the Insurance Commissioner for WA presents Climate Summit 2021
Washington state is a leader in the Pacific Northwest, the United States – and the world – in climate change research, policy, and regulation
Join Washington state Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler for the Office of the Insurance Commissioner’s Climate Summit 2021.
Climate Summit 2021 is virtual, free, and open to the public.
Powerful speakers will highlight the latest climate science, private sector best practices, and regulatory environments related to climate change.
The Washington state Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) and Commissioner Kreidler drive significant efforts to recognize climate change risks and inspire positive action. Beyond overseeing insurers’ ability to mitigate the financial risk to consumers, Commissioner Kreidler has encouraged them to invest responsibly and follow global financial reporting standards from the Task Force on Climate-Related Disclosures (TCFD).
With Climate Summit 2021, we’re bringing together a national audience of climate, insurance industry, government, and private sector professionals to understand and explore how climate change impacts our communities, regulatory efforts, and businesses.
Our goal is to further efforts focused on what we can do to mitigate and adapt. We want our participants to have a window into the significant, current climate change work – from international institutions, federal efforts, and Washington-based companies.
You’ll hear from our nation’s foremost experts in climate change, resiliency, mitigation, and adaptation, including:
- Jodi Hanson Bond, President, DevryBV
- Reuven Carlyle, WA State Senator
- Joe Fitzgibbon, WA State Representative
- Ekhosuehi Iyahen, Secretary General, Insurance Development Forum
- Rob Johnson, VP of Sustainability & Transportation, Seattle Kraken & Climate Pledge Arena
- Yoon Kim, PhD, Head of Global Client Services, Moody’s ESG Solutions
- Michelle Lancaster, Director, Sustainability Stakeholder Engagement, Microsoft Corporation
- Anthony Leiserowitz, PhD, Director, Yale Program on Climate Change Communication
- Thomas Leonardi, Board of Directors, The Travelers Companies, Inc. & Athene Life and Annuity affiliate ACRA.
- Rena Priest, WA State Poet Laureate
- Ana Pinheiro Privette, Lead, Sustainability Data Initiative, Amazon
- Amy Snover, PhD, Climate Impacts Group, University of Washington
- Steven Stichter, Director, Resilient America program, National Academy of Sciences
Register here: https://www.eventcreate.com/e/waoicclimatesummit