The Whidbey Steering Committees is hosting the August 26 “monthly” members meeting via Zoom. We invite all Stewards to attend. PLEASE NOTE that this meeting will start at 3:30 pm instead of our usual morning schedule!
The steering committees from Camano and Whidbey continue to discuss combining monthly Zoom meetings in the future, which likely would change the schedule for these meetings starting in September! We will report on progress at the August meeting!
We’ll also share brief SWS updates. Maribeth Crandell and Jack Hartt are our presenters this month. They will present their recently published book Hiking Close to Home. Maribeth and Jack will take us on a walking tour of local trails on Whidbey, Fidalgo and Guemes Islands, highlighting which trails are accessible by bus, and which ones are wheel friendly or dog friendly.
Remember, you can report your volunteer hours for attending this meeting -Education/self – sponsored by SWS, Monthly Meetings.
Location: Zoom – see link in email to you
3:30 PM to 3:55 PM: SWS announcements – what’s happening?!?
- Welcome by Facilitator, Tom Vos of the Whidbey Steering Committee (Thank you Tom!)
- Board report – Linda Ridder, Board President
- Sound Waters University-SWU 2021 plans – Sue Salveson
- Future joint monthly members’ meetings via Zoom — Steering Committees
- Other announcements…if we have time
4- 5 PM Maribeth Crandell’s and Jack Hartt’s presentation on “Hiking Close to Home”