To send us your donation by mail:
- Download and fill out this form: Donations form
- Send your check payable to Sound Water Stewards and this form to:
Sound Water Stewards
PO Box 1620, Freeland, WA 98249
Online donations go through Paypal and you should receive a Paypal confirmation (receipt) in your email (check your spam folder, it might be there). Mailed checks go to Sound Water Stewards, PO Box 1620, Freeland, WA 98249.
Thank you for considering a tax-deductible donation to support our work. Always feel free to contact us if you have any question about making a donation. firstname.lastname@example.org
Gifts may be designated to honor a friend or family member.
We stretch every dollar, thanks to the leveraging power of our dedicated volunteers who over the past 10 years have volunteered an average of 20 thousand hours annually. Read the SWS 2020 Annual Report.
More ways to give
- Direct Disbursement from IRA or Retirement Account – when your donation goes directly from your retirement account to a charitable organization, it does not count as income to you. Retired people who are taking required distributions can utilize this option. It is not a tax deduction but rather a reduction of income.
- If you buy online at Amazon, use smile.amazon.com You can designate SWS as your supported organization; Amazon will then donate 0.5% of your purchase total to us, at no cost to you.
- Buy a WA Lighthouse license plate – The funds that Lighthouse Environmental Programs receives help fund grants to Sound Water Stewards and other environmental groups in Island County.
- Double your gift with corporate matching. Many companies will match the gifts their employees or retirees make to tax-exempt organizations such as Sound Water Stewards. Ask your human resources or corporate contributions department for a matching gift form and instructions. Companies that will match gifts include Boeing, Microsoft, Safeco, Home Depot, U.S. Bankcorp, US West, Wells Fargo and hundreds of others. Email us at email@example.com if you need any additional documentation.
- Gifts to honor someone Donations can be designated to honor someone special – a thank you, job well done, birthday, anniversary, retirement, or memorial. We acknowledge such gifts with a thank you card to the honoree or their family at your request.
- Wills, real estate, life insurance and assets. Bequests to Sound Water Stewards of Island County as part of your planned giving are greatly appreciated as they help us plan for the future. We can also accept appreciated assets and real estate if you choose to give in that manner. Please have your attorney or financial advisor contact us for further information. firstname.lastname@example.org