Ways to Donate
Gifts may be designated to honor a friend or family member.
Thank you for considering a tax-deductible donation to support our work.
Your generous gift will help us in our continuing efforts to improve, maintain and protect a thriving Puget Sound ecosystem — through education, community outreach, stewardship, and citizen science.
We stretch every dollar, thanks to the leveraging power of our dedicated volunteers who over the past 10 years have volunteered an average of 20 thousand hours annually.
More ways to give
- If you buy online at Amazon, use smile.amazon.com You can designate SWS as your supported organization; Amazon will then donate 0.5% of your purchase total to us, at no cost to you.
- Buy a WA Lighthouse license plate – The funds that Lighthouse Environmental Programs receives help fund grants to Sound Water Stewards and other environmental groups in Island County.
- Double your gift with corporate matching. Many companies will match the gifts their employees or retirees make to tax-exempt organizations such as Sound Water Stewards. Ask your human resources or corporate contributions department for a matching gift form and instructions. Companies that will match gifts include Boeing, Microsoft, Safeco, Home Depot, U.S. Bankcorp, US West, Wells Fargo and hundreds of others.
- Gifts to honor someone Donations can be designated to honor someone special – a thank you, job well done, birthday, anniversary, retirement, or memorial. We acknowledge such gifts with a thank you card to the honoree or their family at your request.
- Wills, real estate, life insurance and assets. Bequests to Sound Water Stewards of Island County as part of your planned giving are greatly appreciated as they help us plan for the future. We can also accept appreciated assets and real estate if you choose to give in that manner. Please have your attorney or financial advisor contact us for further information. firstname.lastname@example.org