Thank you for considering a tax-deductible donation to support our work.
Your generous gift will help us in our continuing efforts to improve, maintain and protect a thriving Puget Sound ecosystem — through education, community outreach, stewardship, and citizen science.
We stretch every dollar, thanks to the leveraging power of our dedicated volunteers who over the past 10 years have volunteered an average of 20 thousand hours annually.
Ways to Donate
In either case, you may designate your donation in honor of someone.
Sound Water Stewards of Island County is a tax-exempt 501c(3) non-profit organization.
More ways to give
- If you buy online at Amazon, use smile.amazon.com You can designate SWS as your supported organization; Amazon will then donate 0.5% of your purchase total to us, at no cost to you.
- Buy a WA Lighthouse license plate – the funds that Lighthouse Environmental Programs receives help fund grants to Sound Water Stewards and other environmental groups in Island County.
- Double your gift with corporate matching! Many companies will match the gifts their employees or retirees make to tax-exempt organizations such as Sound Water Stewards. Ask your human resources or corporate contributions department for a matching gift form and instructions. Companies that will match gifts include Boeing, Microsoft, Safeco, Home Depot, U.S. Bankcorp, US West, Wells Fargo and hundreds of others.
- Gifts to honor someone Donations can be designated to honor someone special – a thank you, job well done, birthday, anniversary, retirement, or memorial of their death. We acknowledge such gifts with a thank you card to the honoree or their family at your request.
- Wills, real estate. Bequests to SWS** may be listed in your will, either as a specific dollar amount or as a percentage of the estate. Land and property may be gifted directly to Sound Water Stewards.
- Retirement plan assets. You may name SWS** as a beneficiary of your retirement account. If you wish for your spouse to be the primary beneficiary, you may name $ORG** as the contingent beneficiary.
- Life insurance. You may name SWS** as a beneficiary to your life insurance policy.
- Appreciated assets. You may donate personal assets that have appreciated over the years to SWS** as a way of making a charitable donation, realizing tax benefits and avoiding payment of capital gains tax. Examples of such assets include stocks, bonds, shares of mutual funds, life insurance policies, precious metals or artwork.
**When naming SWS as a beneficiary,
– please indicate that it should be for
– – Sound Water Stewards of Island County