SWS Board Member
Beach Watchers Experience
- Worked, as a class project on taking PSP’s Puget Sound Starts Here, adapting the message to Whidbey, and gave presentations at numerous organizations’ events.
- Beach Watcher Advisory Council 2010-2015, President 2013 and 2014
- Organized and current facilitator of BW Development Committee 2014-2015
- “Enthusiastic volunteer” in beach monitoring, seining, eel grass mapping, occasional events, and current lead for the Maxwelton Tidepool monitoring team.
- Started as a Design Engineer in the Automotive Industry coincident with the emergence of Automotive Safety Regulations and redirected my career into the design, manufacturing, and promotion of safety products … seat belts, air bags, and infant carriers. Many unique and memorable experiences in the assembly of multi-disciplinary teams and the development of new technologies. Even at the Director level, my knowledge of the product and technology had me as the technical spokesman for the company, speaking with the auto engineers and government agencies around the world. I made many friends around the world and, upon retirement in 2003 was flattered by being named Design News (magazine) Engineer of the Year.
- In Michigan, held positions in various local church and government (township planning committee).
- Friends of Saratoga Woods – 2005-2008
- Hearts & Hammers Board 2006-20015, volunteer coordinator 2014 & 2015
- Baby Island Saratoga Club Board – 2010-2015
Skills re Board
- through BWAC, strong knowledge of BW people, activities, and challenges.
- strong management, team leadership, delegation and presentation skills.
- Architectural design and construction: Designed and built 5 houses
- Living in the most beautiful part of the world
Reason I want to serve
- I want to see a seamless transition from our current program into a strong and sustainable non-profit corporation. I think my six years on BWAC and having been engaged in various capacities in BWs allows me to contribute to this start up process.