SWS Board Member
- SWS Class of 2016
- Whidbey Island resident since 2015
- active in several SWS activities, including the Training Committee, Pigeon Guillemot Study, and Forage Fish Surveys.
- Grew up on the east coast but have been a Northwest resident for over 40 years.
- Initial move to Seattle to pursue a PhD in Urban Planning at the University of Washington with a goal of teaching at a university.
- Early career in civil engineering and transportation planning.
- Served as the City of Seattle Long Range Planning Director for 5 years with focus on land use, transportation, and environmental issues.
- Served for 21 years as Executive Director of the Municipal Research and Services Center, a non-profit that provides technical assistance to local governments in Washington State.
Skills re Board
- Served in executive positions for over 25 years
- Written mission statements, policies, work programs, grant applications and budgets.
- Served on boards of professional associations and community organizations.
- Hiking, biking, landscape photography, history, gardening, travel and life-long learning.
Reason I want to serve
- SWS is an energetic, and valuable organization of dedicated enthusiastic volunteers. I want to assist in our transition, and help further define our stewardship mission and future programs.