- BW Class of 2013
- Camano resident since 2002
Beach Watchers/SWS Experience
- Beach Watcher Advisory Council (2014 and 2015)
- Beach Watcher Change Committee (2015)
- SWS Project Committee (2014-present)
- Camano Steering Committee (2014-Present)
- Camano Education and Training Committee (2014-Present)
- Co-facilitator Camano Island Training Class (2015 and 2016)
- SWS Green Crab Project (2015-Present)
- Camano Intertidal Biomonitoring (2013-Present)
- Storm Surge volunteer (2016)
- Retired after 34 years in public education. I began my career as a high school teacher, moved into high school administration, then became a school superintendent. Each step in my career required additional education and professional certification.
- Extensive experience managing budgets, hiring/evaluating staff, working with the community, improving the quality of K-12 education for all students, administrating the construction of schools, managing employee discipline issues, and negotiating labor agreements.
- After retiring my wife and I opened an education consulting business designed to assist administrators and teachers in Washington meet educational standards for struggling students.
- Volunteered in the communities we have lived. Therefore, I was active in community service organizations such as: Lions Club, Rotary Club, and Chamber of Commerce.
Skills re Board
- Worked closely with School Boards as a high school principal and school superintendent in the communities I served.
- Served on a variety of professional and community boards for the last 45 years.
- Assisted boards establish their priorities, set specific annual goals, and celebrate their accomplishments.
- Family (wife, 3 sons, 8 grandchildren)
- Life-long learner
- Fishing, crabbing, shrimping
Reason I want to serve
- To help Sound Water Stewards re-engage members whose participation has decreased, while recruiting new members so we can remain an important presence in the environmental community.