SWS Board Member
Beach Watchers Experience
- have really enjoyed learning all the things needed to be a contributing Beach Watcher.
- I worked for King County Human Services for 34 years, the last 12 as director of the mental health and substance abuse service division, which has 140 staff and a yearly budget of $200 million.
- My other volunteer work includes Cascade Bicycle Club and serving as the Board Chair for Forefront, a non-profit organization based in the UW School of Social Work that focuses on suicide prevention training, advocacy, and support for survivors.
- Now that my wife and I are both retired, we have more time to get involved in volunteer work on Camano island.
Skills re Board
- Executive experience for organization of 140 staff
- Board experience on non-profit.
- Love to learn, travel, music – playing and singing, swimming and biking
Reason I want to serve
- I think my management and board experience would be helpful as Beach Watchers transitions to a new structure.