Sound Water Stewards are trained volunteers working in and around Island County for a healthy, sustainable marine environment through education, science and stewardship.
- Stewards are needed for SWU 2020 – would you like to help this fall to produce a fantastic “one-day university for all” on Feb 5, 2022?
- Read Steward Stacey Thompson’s account of low-tide beach walks.
- Getting to the Water’s Edge guide book, published by SWS in 2020, is available now for $20 in stores and direct from Sound Water Stewards online.
- Beach Safety Check List for SWS
- Monthly COVID-19 Statement for SWS members
- See original Educational Videos – made by SWS. The newest one is about seaweed.
- View recent newsletters and sign up to receive our quarterly (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct) newsletter, Beach Log.
- Read the SWS 2020 Annual Report.
- Learn about Sound Water Stewards by watching this video:
Sound Water Stewards of Island County is a non-profit supported by contributions from individuals, community businesses, community partnerships, special events and grants from the Lighthouse Environmental Programs.
When you buy this license plate, proceeds benefit SWS and other environmental programs in Island County. Get yours today!