- How to contact the Sound Waters team
- What happens at Sound Waters
- Who puts on Sound Waters
- When/where will it be
- How much does it cost
- Can I register the day of the event? - No
- Do I need to pre-register? - Yes
- Where can I stay
- 1. How to contact the Sound Waters team
Contact Sound Water Stewards at any of the following:
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By US MAIL: Sound Waters, PO Box 1620, Freeland, WA 98249
- By Phone 360-678-4401 – leave a voice mail (actively monitored from early January through early February)
- 2. What happens at Sound Waters
Each Sound Waters event includes:
- Keynote on a topic of importance to Puget Sound
- Snack break – to mingle and network
- Morning session – pick from 20 classes
- Lunch and time to see a wide variety of exhibits and displays
- Early afternoon session – pick from another 20 classes
- Snack break
- Mid afternoon session – pick from yet another 20 classes
Starting in mid-November, you can see a preview of class titles and presenters, using a link on the sidebar. In mid-December, the SW.website opens with full descriptions for each class, and bio pages for each presenter. Online registration begins in early January.
- 3. Who puts on Sound Waters
- Sound Waters is part of the educational outreach program of Sound Water Stewards. Find out more about what we do.
- 4. When/where will it be
- Always the first Saturday in February on Whidbey Island. SW.2018 will be Saturday February 3rd, 2018 at South Whidbey High School in Langley, WA.
- 5. How much does it cost
- For SW.2018- registration is $50 for adults, $25 for active students, active teachers, active Americorps volunteers and active-duty military. An optional hot catered lunch will be available for an additional cost of $14.
- 6. Can I register the day of the event? - No
No. Due to the overwhelming popularity of this event, NO tickets will be sold on Saturday, February 3, 2018.
- 7. Do I need to pre-register? - Yes
Most people register online – the registration website opens in late December – and there will be a link to it from the right sidebar. We suggest you register in early to mid January for the best course selection. You can register online and choose to pay either with a credit card (via PayPal) or you can send us a check.
Paper registration forms can also be downloaded and mailed back to us. If you have no computer access, you may request that we mail you a paper form via US Mail. (see contact info)
All registrations must be completed by Wednesday, Jan 17th, 11:30pm.
- 8. Where can I stay
See our Where to Stay page.