This refers to a PREVIOUS SW, held in February 2018
Please see this page for the most recent Sound Waters information
Sound Waters, a "one day university for all", has been bringing together people passionate about life in Puget Sound since the early 1990s, and now attracts 600+ people yearly. No prior knowledge is required to attend - just an interest in learning about this amazing place that we call home.
- Keynote - The Salish Sea - A Sense of Place by Florian Graner
- 61 classes (35 new this year) split into 3 sessions.
- 78 presenters (38 new this year).
- Wide range of environmental exhibitors.
- Free coffee, tea, and fruit; optional lunch for $14.00 (menu); yummy snacks provided by 4H (donations gratefully appreciated)
- Cost: $50.00 for registration; $25.00 for students & Americorps volunteers, current teachers, and active duty military
- Saturday, February 3, 2018, 8 to 4:15 (Schedule)
Registration for SW.2018 is now CLOSED
Due to an overwhelming registration response this year, we reached the venue's capacity and have had to close registration a week earlier than planned (Jan 17th vs Jan 24th).
- Those who have registered have already received email confirmations, and will receive an email confirming their classes no later then Wed, Jan 31.
- NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR.
- Listen to the January 12th 4pm interview of our keynote speaker by Ed Bremer, host of Sound Living. (available thru Jan 26 @ KSER)
- South Whidbey High School, Langley, WA (Directions)
- Read attendee reviews from the past 5 years
- See what happened at previous Sound Waters,
- Find out more ...
- This is our 24th Sound Waters. We were named “Puget Sound Champions” in Nov 2012 for the tireless work of our volunteer team to present this 'one day university for all'.
[back to top]