This refers to a PREVIOUS SW, held February 4, 2017
Please see this page for the most recent Sound Waters information
Sound Waters, a "one day university for all", has been bringing together people passionate about life in Puget Sound since the early 1990s, and now attracts 600+ people yearly. No prior knowledge is required to attend - just an interest in learning about this amazing place that we call home.
- Keynote - From Knowledge to Action -- Responding to the Challenges of Ocean Acidification by Dr. Terrie Klinger
- 61 classes (49 new this year) split into 3 sessions.
- 75 presenters (51 new this year).
- Wide range of environmental exhibitors .
- Free coffee, tea, and fruit; optional lunch for $14.00 (menu); yummy snacks provided by 4H (donations gratefully appreciated)
- Cost: $50.00 for registration; $25.00 for students & Americorps volunteers, current teachers, and active duty military
- Saturday, February 4, 2017, 8 to 4:15 (Schedule)
Registration for SW.2017 is now closed
- South Whidbey High School, Langley, WA (Directions)
This is our 23rd Sound Waters. We were named “Puget Sound Champions” in Nov 2012 for the tireless work of our volunteer team to present this 'one day university for all'.
[back to top]