- This event has passed.
Ways of Whales Workshop
January 14 @ 10:30 am – 5:00 pm
Hybrid In-Person/Virtual Workshop
Sponsored by Orca Network
Orca Network’s annual Ways of Whales workshop returns as an in-person event! The workshop will be held January 14 at the Coupeville Middle School Performing Arts Center, 501 S. Main St, Coupeville, Whidbey Island, WA.
The day will include:
– Update on Tokitae
– Keynote Presentation by Dr. John Ford
– Panel on Southern Resident orca research, featuring:
- Deborah Giles, Wild Orca –Health Monitoring Program
- Monika Wieland Shields, Orca Behavior Institute – Habitat Use
- Michael Weiss, Center for Whale Research – Orca Survey and Aerial Observation
- Joe Gaydos, SeaDoc Society – Health Index
- Kim Parsons, NOAA – Genetics
- Linda Rhodes, NOAA – Microbiome Analysis
- Additional presenters and topics to be announced soon
Teacher clock hours are available through The Heritage Institute. Please contact Cindy for more information.
In addition to these great informational presentations, you will have the opportunity to check out our Learning Lobby, where many of our Pod Partners will host displays and activities, along with a table from our Langley Whale Center Gift Shop, and the popular Silent Auction!
Not in the area, or not ready to attend an in-person event yet? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! The event will be held as a Hybrid In-Person/Virtual Workshop so you can watch from home. Make sure you choose virtual event when you register, and we will send you a link to join.
Cost of the workshop is $40 ($30 for Students/Seniors), and lunch is available for purchase for an additional $20. We realize times are hard and we want Ways of Whales to remain accessible and inclusive, so a limited number of Scholarships are available for those who need it. Please contact Cindy firstname.lastname@example.org to request a full or partial scholarship.