January 15, 2022
Sponsored by Orca Network – annual workshop being held virtually as a Zoom webinar once again this year.
The event will include the following presenters and topics:
- Presentation about beluga whales, including our local Salish Sea visitor, by Dr. Stephanie Norman of World Vets and Marine-Med.
- Presentation on Pacific Northwest gray whales and humpback whales, including population updates, by John Calambokidis of Cascadia Research Collective.
- Panel on the importance of citizen science and whale sightings, including Scott Veirs of Orcasound, and Susan Berta and Alisa Lemire Brooks of Orca Network.
- Discussion about salmon recovery efforts in Washington State.
- Music by Dana Lyons from his new album!
- Additional speakers and topics to be announced soon.
Registration is $35/$25 for students and seniors. Some full and partial scholarships are available.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Register at: Ways of Whales Webinar 2022 (constantcontact.com)
You can view past Ways of Whales lectures by searching in YouTube.