- This event has passed.
SCG!VE – Stanwood Camano Giving Tuesday
November 29, 2022 @ 12:00 am – 11:59 pm
Give today – and then tell your friends!
People are curious … and you can help!
Your donation today helps SWS create beach events to showcase the uniqueness of the habitat, species living there, and why they matter, including:
- grey whales, ghost shrimp, whale bites
- invasive green crabs, native shore crabs
- forage fish, eelgrass, bull kelp
- sea stars, sunflower stars
- clams, mussels, barnacles
- plankton, diatoms
- northern giant hornets
- marine birds, pigeon guillemots
- bluff erosion and beach processes
- native trees and plants: Pacific Madrone, Douglas Fir, Sitka Spruce, Western Red Cedar, Big-Leaf Maple, Salal, ferns and more
- tides and tide charts
We will teach sustainability actions and give out a hand lens to all participants to take a closer look, plus a Junior Steward booklet for youth. Stewards will share what we’ve learned about Camano because people are curious about whales, plankton, salmon, marine birds, eelgrass, sea stars and so much more! GIVE TODAY (24 hours only on 11/29) at https://scgive.org/2022_soundwater
You can give as often as you like to help SWS win prizes. See prizes at https://scgive.org/prizes
All transaction fees are covered so 100% of your donation goes to the groups you select.
You may donate to as many of the participating nonprofits as you desire.
On #GivingTuesday, Nov 29, 2022, go to SCGive.org hosted by the Stanwood-Camano Area Foundation and donate to as many local projects as you want, as many times as you want; 26 groups, including Sound Water Stewards, are part of Stanwood-Camano Giving Tuesday.
- 100% of your donations go to the charities you choose because sponsors are paying the transaction and hosting fees.
- All donations made through scgive.org are tax-deductible in their full amount. Donors will be emailed a tax receipt directly from the website once your donation is processed.
- During the event, real-time donation totals are shown on the event website. Prizes will be awarded throughout the day for various milestones.
Make your donation within the 24-hour window of Nov 29, 2022 at https://scgive.org/2022_soundwater.