Greenbank Farm Weed Control Workshop and Work Party
April 14 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
The dates listed below are part of a series of Public Education Workshops and Weed Removal Work Parties
- March 11 @ 10:30am – 12:30pm General Education Workshop on Noxious Weeds led by Seth Luginbill, staff to Island County Noxious Weed Control Board
Workshop followed by Weed Identification and Removal Work Party
- April 14 @ 10:00am – 10:45am weed workshop, 11:00am – 1:00pm work party – focus of both is Poison Hemlock
- June 23 @ 10:00am – 10:45am weed workshop, 11:00am – 1:00pm work party – focus of both is Tansy Ragwort
- August 11 @ 10:00am – 10:45am weed session, 11:00am – 1:00pm work party – focus of both is Thistles
Except for March 11, each public education workshop will be followed by a work party to identify and learn the techniques to remove the weeds that are blooming at that time.
Work parties will make a big difference to Port of Coupeville which runs this wonderful public space. Many many volunteers are needed at each work party!
Free. Donations accepted. Public is welcome to attend.
These events are a collaboration among
- Sound Water Stewards
- Whidbey Island Conservation District
- Island County Noxious Weed Control Board
- Pacific Rim Institute for Environmental Stewardship
- Island County Master Gardener Foundation
- to benefit the land at Greenbank Farm, a Port of Coupeville property
Resources to Learn about Weeds:
Learn more at the Island County Noxious Weed Control Board website