Sound Water Stewards are participating in many events for Whidbey Earth & Ocean Month.
- 4/14/23 – Sound Water Stewards opportunity- Know Your Weeds Workshop + Workparty
- The focus will be on Poison Hemlock, how to identify, and remove it to protect yourselves and your animals
- Greenbank Farm, Barn A 10:00 am – 1:00 pm PST
- Learn more and sign up here
- 4/21/23 Earth Day Concert with Celia Farran
- Join Greening Congregations Collaborative, Sound Water Stewards, and Universalist Unitarian Congregation of Whidbey Island for an uplifting Earth Day Celebration Concert with Celia Farran.
- Tickets are $20 in advance / $25 Day of the show. For Tickets: https://CeliaEarth.eventbrite.com
- A percentage of proceeds will go to Sound Water Stewards in support of our trained volunteers working in and around Island County for a healthy, sustainable marine environment through education, science, and stewardship
- 4/22/23 Seaweed Walk with Sound Water Stewards, led by Jeanie and PaulBen McElwain
- Libby Beach Park, Coupeville, WA 11:00 am PST
April 5, 2023, 4 to 6:30 pm
Come say hello to Sound Water Stewards at our table at this kick-off event.
BAYVIEW CASH STORE, 5603 BAYVIEW ROAD, LANGLEY, WA 98260
There will be an information fair, art show and performance, and demonstrations, followed by a keynote speaker.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: DR. JENNIFER ATKINSON
Climate Grief, Hope, and Action: Inner Strategies for our Age of Crisis – As the impacts of climate change worsen, our mental health has joined the ever-growing list of casualties. This talk outlines some strategies for channeling anxiety and grief into meaningful action and change. Dr. Jennifer Atkinson is an Associate Professor of Environmental Humanities at the University of Washington, Bothell.
Available as a hybrid event; if you wish to attend online, contact email@example.com
Free for all ages!
Visit www.whidbeyearthday.org for more information