Sound Waters University
Are you curious about the health of our seas, the impact of climate change, Whales, or the status of sea stars? Attend Sound Waters University to learn more with our theme: You, Me, and the Salish Sea: Responding to a Sea of Change.
Celebrate 30 years of Sound Waters University with in-person and online classes, field trips, and more!
Save the date, February 3, 2024!
Join our mailing list! Receive email updates on marine announcements, early registration access, and more. See the box at the bottom of this page.
*Registration to open in December of 2023.
From Sky to Sea
What makes this event hybrid?
- Register for in-person or online experience package
- Expert live classes offered in-person
- Choose up to 3 classes to attend live or via zoom.
- Add field trips to immerse yourself
- Stay for the weekend!
Field trip topics have included:
- Old Growth Forests
- Habitat Restoration
- Winter Birding
- Marine Mammal Identification
- Rain Barrel Construction and Use
- Geology of Bluffs & Beaches
- Natural History
- Standing in Native places
More details coming soon!
2023 Sound Waters University Field Trips
Are you interested, but can’t attend live on February 3rd? Register and have access to the limited class recordings for 30 days.
Discounts & Scholarships Available
- Students, Teachers, Active Military, Veterans, and AmeriCorps: 50% off your general admission. Include your photo ID, ID #, school, and/or place of work
- Full or partial scholarships are available to help offset the general admissions and we understand financial situations are different for everyone. Please reach out and let us know if you would like to attend.
- Requests will be processed on a case-by-case basis
- To request discounts and scholarships, email email@example.com
Sound Waters University (SWU) is the largest educational activity and fundraiser presented by Sound Water Stewards (SWS) 501(c)(3) non-profit of Island County.
- Must not be shared
- Are available for 30 days.
- Access to recordings only, no refunds available.
Limited Scholarships Available
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your ID #, school, and/or place of work
Become a sponsor of this event.
Learn more about our different levels.