Sound Waters University
Are you curious about marine mammals? Do you want to learn about environmental resilience to climate change?
Please disregard the email that went out Friday morning, the main event is TOMORROW, Saturday, February 4th from 8:30 am – 3:35 pm PST.
*Recieve access to watch ALL recordings for 30 days post event
Take a deep dive with us from the Sky to the Sea during our Sound Waters University hybrid event!
From Sky to Sea
What makes this event hybrid?
- Expert live classes offered virtually
- Plus the opportunity to add on in-person field trips while supplies last
Connect virtually on Saturday, February 4th, 2023
Join us and distinguished environmental authors, change agents, researchers, and naturalists who will be presenting virtually from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm PST via zoom webinar.
Our hybrid event will include two keynote speakers, Dr. Joe Gaydos in the morning and Mindy Roberts in the afternoon, nine informative virtual classes, on the ability of the Salish Sea ecosystem to withstand and adapt to climate change, pollution, and habitat loss, plus field trips additions. Our focus is the Pacific Northwest’s ecology: its beauty and fragility.
See speaker details below.
Immerse yourself in person in a local field trip in February
Field Trip topics include Old Growth Forests, Habitat Restoration, Winter Birding, Marine Mammal Identification, Rain Barrel Construction and Use, Bluffs, Beaches, Waves, Natural History, and Standing in Native places. They will take place in and around Island County, Washington on:
- Friday, February 3 (Camano & Whidbey Islands)
- Sunday, February 5 (Camano & Whidbey Islands, Skagit County & Snohomish County)
- Saturday, February 11 (Camano & Whidbey Islands )
- Sunday, February 12 (Whidbey Island)
Expand your understanding of environmental resilience. Add February field trips to your admission ticket. See field trip details here.
2023 Sound Waters University Field Trips
Are you interested, but can’t attend live on February 4th? Register now and have access to the class recordings for 30 days.
- Early-Bird Special $60.00+$5.28 Fee | Extended 01/07/23
- Sound Waters University General Admission tickets are $70 starting 01/08/23. *Admission for virtual classes only
- Field Trip Additions | On sale now, while space is available | $30 each
- *Plus, EventBrite service, and payment processing fees
See menu above for links to Field Trips and Exhibit Hall.
Add on a Field Trip during the checkout process at EventBrite.
Discounts & Scholarships Available
- Students, Teachers, Active Military, Veterans, and AmeriCorps: 50% off your general admission. Include your photo ID, ID #, school, and/or place of work
- Full or partial scholarships are available to help offset the general admissions and we understand financial situations are different for everyone. Please reach out and let us know if you would like to attend.
- Requests will be processed on a case-by-case basis
- To request discounts and scholarships, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sound Waters University (SWU) is the largest educational activity and fundraiser presented by Sound Water Stewards (SWS) 501(c)(3) non-profit of Island County.
- Must not be shared
- Are available for 30 days.
- Access to recordings only, no refunds available.
Limited Scholarships Available
- Email email@example.com
- Include your ID #, school, and/or place of work
Become a sponsor of this event.
Learn more about our different levels.