SWS (BW) Class of 2012
Beach Watchers/SWS Experience
- Sound Waters University Steering Committee, 2013-present
- Member of Whidbey Steering Committee/Social Events Planning Team 2015-present;
- SWS Board Member since 2017, Board Secretary since 2018
- Beach Monitoring Lead, numerous other SWS activities.
Worked for NOAA Fisheries for 30 years, including:
- Fisheries research biologist conducting resource assessments in the Bering Sea and Gulf of Alaska onboard fishing and research vessels and participating in or leading various studies in coastal waters off Southeast Alaska;
- Bering Sea Fishery Management Plan coordinator writing environmental assessments supporting management decision making for federally managed fisheries off Alaska and developing associated regulations governing these fisheries; and
- Assistant Regional Administrator, Alaska Region, supervising 30 professional staff responsible for federal fisheries policy development, implementation of Alaska federal fisheries management policy, project level team development and oversight, alternate member North Pacific Management Council and numerous other associated federal/state working groups and committees.
Past and current community-based volunteer activities: Founder and President of the Juneau Jumper Parent Booster Club, various Juneau school PTA positions, Hearts and Hammers volunteer, and Whidbey Watershed Stewards Outdoor Classroom volunteer.